Saturday 5 July 2014

Federer sets up Djokovic final!

Seven-time champion Roger Federer dismantled the big-serving game of Canadian Milos Raonic to reach his ninth Wimbledon final.

The Swiss, 32, broke Raonic in the first game and went on to win 6-4 6-4 6-4 in one hour and 42 minutes.
 
He will take on top seed Novak Djokovic in Sunday's final, after the Serb beat Grigor Dimitrov in four sets.

Federer is trying to win his 18th Grand Slam title, and his first since beating Andy Murray at Wimbledon in 2012.

Fifteen years after making his first appearance at the All England Club, Federer has the chance to extend the record he has already set for major victories and break new ground for Wimbledon titles in the men's game.

"That was a big victory," said the Swiss, who lost in the second round last year. "I really had to focus on every point. I know that is always the case at this stage but it was hard.

"I had to be very careful on my service games and I knew there were only going to be a few chances on his serve, but I am very, very happy.

"I played some great tennis under pressure at times because I didn't play well here last year, and I expect a lot of myself. In the second week I have played better as the week has gone on.

"Now I can look forward to another great match with Novak."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play the exciting Zackjack!